These chocolate chip cookies are designed for people with fructose malabsorption. Made with almond flour and sweetened with dextrose, I hope you will find these more gentle on your belly than the originals.
|made with sugar|
|made with dextrose|
Low-Fructose Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 12 - 15 cookies
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cane sugar or 1/3 cup dextrose
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate (or as tolerated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Either grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, sugar or dextrose, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg, vanilla and chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and stir well. The mixture will be dry at first, but keep stirring and it will form a dough.
- Roll dough into 12 to 15 balls and place on cookie sheet, flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and puffed.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooking rack.