I've had this recipe idea on my mind for a long time and I finally got around to making it. Since figuring out how to make my own garlic oil, I thought it would be the perfect time to try it out with this recipe. This recipe is low-FODMAP and low-fructose. Chicken breast are seasoned with salt, pepper and herbs, then sauteed in garlic infused oil. Then a quick lemon sauce is prepared in which the chicken simmers. It's the perfect dish to throw together for a week-night meal.
If you don't have any garlic oil or cannot tolerate it, you can use plain olive oil or butter. I served this over white rice spaghetti from Tinkyada. It would also be delicious served over rice or quinoa. A quick spinach side salad rounds out the meal. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Italian herb blend season
(such as McCormick)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic and/or Onion Infused Oil or olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon juice)
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness using a mallet. Season both sides of chicken with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove skillet from heat and place chicken on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with wine, stirring to scrape up any brown bits. Return skillet to medium-low heat and simmer wine until reduced slightly.
- Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch and add to skillet. Stir in the lemon juice and bring back to a simmer. Put chicken breasts back in skillet and place lemon slices on top of each one. Cover skillet and continue to cook until chicken breasts are no longer pick in the middle or have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or noodles.