Cheddar Bay Almond Flour Biscuits
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Not Low-FODMAP
makes 8 biscuits
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, shredded cheddar, salt and baking soda. Cut in the butter using a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Add the egss and mix to form a dough.
- Using your hands, divide the dough into 8 balls. Place each ball on the parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick tests clean. (I used insulated cookie sheets, so mine took about 20 minutes to bake. Watch biscuits closely if using a non-insulated sheet.)
- While biscuits are baking, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the garlic (or garlic powder), Old Bay seasoning and dried parsley. Once biscuits are done baking, evenly brush the tops of the biscuits with the garlic butter mixture. Enjoy!